Do you intend to give your skin the best care or treatment? The solution to your desire is this fruit's oil, something that has gained a lot of fame in the skincare world for its high-end potent. Notably, this product has a silk feel on the skin when applying it and gives a glowing complexion with unparalleled skin softness.
Follow us as we unravel the significance, its constitution, the source, and the reasons why everyone should make the oil the No. 1 skincare product.
What is prickly pear cactus oil?
Naturally, the prickly pear cactus oil comes from prickly pear scientifically referred to as Opuntia ficus-indica, which belongs to the cactus family. The tree comprises seeds, trunks, pads, and fruit. It also has the natural prickly cactus characteristic and grows to heights of about 6 to 7ft.
The oil, whose significance continues to grow, has been used since immemorial in healing and protecting the skin due to its high richness in antioxidants. Additionally, it contains high amounts of Vitamin E. It has been termed the most potent and luxurious ingredient in the world of skincare, which it derives from its components listed below.
1. Fatty Acids: They contain many vital fatty acids that play a significant role in the skin in various ways, as we'll see below. They include the following:
- Linoleic acid (60.5%), an omega-6 EFA, plays a role in repairing and nourishing the skin. It also enables the skin to retain moisture and fight against inflammation, thereby enhancing the healing process. It contains acne-reducing properties in addition to helping to make the skin smooth and soft.
- Oleic acid (20%): This is important in helping the sealing of moisture inside the skin.
- Palmitic Acid: Contains healing and antioxidant properties in addition to helping the healing of eczema and dermatitis.
2. Tocopherols: contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are crucial in the skin's healing process. They, therefore, play an essential purpose in fastening the speed at which the wounds heal. Additionally, Tocopherols can repair any damage due to environmental pollution or that which is caused by UV rays. Vitamin E plays a significant role in ensuring that the skin is adequately hydrated and prevents water loss.
3. Phytosterols: This component is similar to cholesterol in that both usually are hydrophilic, and they, therefore, play a crucial role in enhancing water retention in the skin. In addition, they help in keeping the skin young, collagen production, and reversing aging effects.
4. Polyphenols: This component is rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, and antioxidant properties, in addition to helping fight oxidative stress. They have been known to help treat damage resulting from sunburns, among others.
What does Prickly Pear Seed Oil smell like?
Ordinarily, genuine high-quality and pure prickly pear seed oil usually contains a smell that is pronounced. The scent is, however, not overpowering. Other users have used the words subtle sweet citrus smell similar to that of fresh fruit to describe the smell.
Investigation on this unique smell has indicated that compounds in melons and cucumbers produce a similar scent.
Generally, natural organic cactus seed oil usually has a particular smell. The smell is described as floral, fruity, and sweet honey. This is notably a natural product that requires innumerable seeds sourced from varying parts in Morocco throughout the year, which can give a slightly varying smell. After the summer ends, the seeds are likely to be darker in color, are rich in sediment with a dark close to a roasted aroma. On the contrary, fake prickly pear seeds oil would have a pale color with a weak smell.
Does prickly pear seed oil have vitamin C?
Among other components, prickly pear cactus seed oil earlier mentioned in the article is Vitamin C, which we focus on due to its significance on the skin. Popularly referred to as ascorbic acid, Vitamin C plays essential roles in the skin, including;
- Promoting the production of collagen: The collagen produced in turn helps to help the thickening of the dermis, is essential for firm youthful skin, and diminishes the fine lines.
- Natural antioxidant: Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant that protects the skin cell from getting damaged following exposure to UV light.
- Inhibition of melanin production; Vitamin C plays a significant role in prohibiting melanin production in the skin. This enhances skin radiance, lightens hyperpigmentation, and enhances skin-toning, among others.
- Damage Repair: It helps in skin restoration and regeneration once it has been damaged by the sun.
An In-depth Perspective on Benefits of Using Prickly Pear Cactus Seeds Oils
1. Benefits to the Skin
Among the questions that run in the minds of many people relating to Prickly Pear Cactus Seed Oils include; whether it is okay to use them for skin? Whether it’s okay to use prickly pear facial oil? How do they fair with the skin? The answer to all the questions raised is a sure YES because prickly cactus seeds oils benefit the skin in the following ways;
- Toning the skin to give it a brighter appearance.
- Enhancing restoration of skin's elasticity.
- Making the skin healthier and softening it.
- Tightening the skin pores.
- Reduction of fine lines on the skin.
- Reducing the appearance of the common old-age circles that appear under the eyes
- Preventing the appearance of premature wrinkles on the eyes.
2. Benefits they give to the hair
Prickly pear cactus oil plays a significant role in enhancing skin serum, thereby alleviating the problem of grease hair. Usually, and unlike others, they typically give the hair a glossy and tangle-free sheen. It has proved to be a significant factor in nourishing the hair, thereby bolstering its growth.
Due to the high level of Vitamin E concentration, Cactus Seeds Oils play a vital role as a great hair conditioner (give the hair a superb appearance). In contrast, high protein and fatty acids concentration are essential in enabling the hair to grow to full-lengths.
How often should you use prickly pear oil?
The most probable way to use these oils is to outsource for the facial oil that has this top-notch, highly achieving ingredient. Users should use it daily to keep the skin moisturized and give it a fresh appearance.
The recommended usage is placing 2-3 drops on the skin and then mixing them with your preferred toner, thereby creating an emulsion that should be applied on the skin; this achieves a combination of oil and water. This increases the rate of absorption, thereby enhancing a balanced ratio between moisture and hydration.
What alternatives does the Market Provide for Prickly Pear Oil?
For some reason, someone may not find their preferred prickly pear oil with all their love for the product. This can result from in absentia of the products in their markets, among other factors. Should that be the case, the following alternatives can be of great help.
Coconut oil: Provide a high level of hydration to the skin and act as an antibacterial aid on the skin.
Rosehip seed oil: Enhance skin hydration.
Argan oil: Good for everyday moisturizing of the skin.
Jojoba oil: Crucial in fighting acne, protecting the skin from sun damage, as well as moistening it.
Marula oil: It acts as an antibacterial on the skin. It also protects from the sun by hydrating it.
What are the Reasons not to Use Prickly pear Cactus Seeds Oil?
The prickly pear cactus seeds oil is ordinarily safe among all people who have healthy skins. All the ages can effectively use them without any fear. The only instances someone may evade using them is if the person develops an allergy to the products.
Typically, someone should conduct a patch test to determine if their skin is sensitive to the products. After doing the patch test, they should wait for 24 hours. If there is no reaction, then they are ok with the products.
Final Point on Prickly Pear Seeds Oil
Skincare is a vital day-to-day discipline. The skin needs sufficient hydration, protection, nutrient supply, and prevention from free radicals, among many other reasons. These products are an authentic way to take care of the skin's needs at once.
In other instances, someone may have skin that is already damaged. This could result from being burnt, cracking from drying, and suffering from sunburn-related damages. Such skin requires bolstering to help its rejuvenation, repair, and regeneration. The prickly pear cactus seeds oil will also play great significance in helping skin recover completely and realize the normal skin's natural glow.
Do you intend to enhance the complexion or general beauty of your skin? Well, the information contained in this article points to a reliable way to enhance skin color, softness, smoothness, and supple skin. All you have to do is acquire the prickly pear cactus seeds oil.